This vine produces small red berries that resemble cherries. However, they are toxic and can cause symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach cramps if ingested.
Also known as belladonna, this plant produces shiny black berries that are highly toxic. Ingesting even a few of these berries can be fatal, causing symptoms like hallucinations, seizures, and respiratory failure.
While the ripe berries of the elderberry plant are edible and often used in jams and syrups when cooked, the raw, unripe berries and other parts of the plant contain cyanide-inducing glycosides and should be avoided.
This ornamental plant produces small orange berries that are poisonous if ingested, causing symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.
The dark purple berries of pokeweed are toxic, especially when unripe. Ingesting these berries can cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
The bright pink to orange berries of the spindle tree are highly toxic if eaten, leading to symptoms like stomach upset, dizziness, and in severe cases, convulsions.
While often associated with holiday decorations, mistletoe berries are poisonous if ingested. Symptoms may include stomach upset, drowsiness, and in some cases, more serious complications.
Berries from certain species of holly plants can be toxic if consumed. They can cause stomach upset, nausea, and vomiting.